The March Charge Terms & Conditions of Participation
In consideration of my application for entry into The March Charge being accepted, I accept these terms and conditions of participation in the event, intending to be legally bound for myself and my successors, executors and administrators.
‘The March Charge’ includes not only The March Charge race event, but all other activities relating to The March Charge, whether occurring before, during or after the event, and whether organised by Cancer Council or any other party (including me).
I understand that participants under the age of 18 are required to have a parent or guardian read and accept these terms and conditions of entry on their behalf.
Cancer Council reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse your registration in The March Charge or to disqualify you from The March Charge for breach of these terms and conditions or for any other reason Cancer Council determines appropriate.
Physical Risk Notice
The March Charge is an event that involves physical exertion and as such has certain inherent risks associated with the activity. Included in these risks are injury due to slippery or uneven surfaces, obstacles, trip hazards, overcrowding, collision with objects or people and the effects of heat, cold, dehydration and exhaustion. Injuries may include injuries from falls such as broken bones, sprained muscles, injuries to ligaments, cartilage or other soft tissue, blisters, cuts and abrasions. Injuries may also arise from exertion such as heart attacks, fainting and loss of consciousness. If Cancer Council becomes aware that I am undertaking particularly risky or dangerous activity as part of The March Charge it may request that I refrain from that activity and I agree that will comply with that request or have my entry into The March Charge cancelled. I acknowledge that Cancer Council has not undertaken an assessment of my ability to participate.
I understand that I may be at greater risk of illness or injury if I suffer an ongoing medical condition or a poor standard of health or fitness, or if I have pre-existing injuries. I understand that Cancer Council recommends that I consult a doctor particularly if I have ever experienced a heart condition, stroke, unexplained chest pains, faintness, dizziness, shortness of breath, severe asthma, diabetes, muscle, joint or bone problems or any other medical conditions that may make it dangerous for me to participate in physical activity and/or if I am in any doubt as to my fitness and whether to participate.
Regardless of whether I have consulted a doctor, I agree that by participating in The March Charge, I do so entirely at my own risk. I verify that I am in proper physical and mental condition to participate in The March Charge and acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and voluntarily agree to assume those risks.
I understand that Cancer Council has obtained no personal accident insurance covering my participation in The March Charge.
Waiver and indemnity
I fully and irrevocably exclude Cancer Council and The March Charge sponsors (individually and collectively), including their directors, officers, staff, volunteers and representatives, from all liability (whether in negligence, contract, under statute or otherwise) suffered by me as a consequence of my involvement in The March Charge, including in relation to death and personal injury.
I fully and irrevocably indemnify, and at all times hereafter keep indemnified, Cancer Council, and The March Charge sponsors (individually and collectively), including their directors, officers, staff, volunteers and representatives, from any liability (including for consequential loss, loss of profits and legal costs on a full indemnity basis) to any third party or other participant in The March Charge arising from my participation in The March Charge or as a direct or indirect result of any act or omission by me.
Cancer Council’s liability
I understand and agree that to the maximum extent permitted by law:
- Cancer Council excludes all conditions, warranties, guarantees, rights, remedies, liabilities or other terms implied or conferred by statute, custom, or the general law that impose any liability or obligation on Cancer Council (including consumer guarantees to the extent such exclusions are permitted in contracts relating to the supply of recreational services);
- Cancer Council excludes all liability to me or any third party in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind (including direct, indirect or consequential losses, damages, costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by me or any third person in connection with the website or The March Charge; and
- where Cancer Council is unable to exclude liability, its liability to me is limited (at its option) to resupplying, repairing or replacing the service or the payment of the cost of supplying the service to me again.
If any provision in these terms and conditions is unenforceable, illegal or void, then the parties agree that the provision must be read down the minimum necessary to allow it to be enforceable whilst preserving as close as is possible the purpose of the provision. If the provision cannot be read down, it is severed and the rest of this document remains in force.
I understand that The March Charge is a personal challenge event whereby I nominate how many kilometres I will run or walk during March. The March Charge is not a race. However, while there are no ‘winners’, the leader board on the website will display the names of participants who have run the furthest. I acknowledge that I am responsible for tracking my Kilometres and updating my personal fundraising page.
I understand that information on the The March Charge website(s) and/or Cancer Council websites are intended as a guide only, and no reliance should be made upon any information as a definitive or complete statement of any scientific evidence. Information (where applicable) is not intended as medical advice, and should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with qualified health professionals who can determine an individual's health needs.
I acknowledge that the website is provided "as is", and Cancer Council gives no express warranties of any kind relating in any way to the website, including (i) warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose; or (ii) a warranty that my access to or use of the website will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the website (including its content), or any emails received from Cancer Council, will be free from viruses (and, to this end, I should protect my software and systems by installing and implementing my own virus, security and system checks).
I acknowledge that in the course of The March Charge, photographs, images or film may be taken of me, either alone or in group shots with others. I agree to the use of my name, image in these photographs, images or film and for their use by any Cancer Council and any of their assignees or licensees for any purpose (including publicity, merchandising, editorial, education and fundraising) in any country and by any form of media without qualification (e.g. newspapers, magazines, other print publications, radio and television broadcasts, websites, webinars, podcasts and vodcasts) in perpetuity. I also agree that the photographs or film may be used by third party media organisations in connection with the reporting of The March Charge.
I understand that Cancer Council collects two types of information through this website:
- Personal or individually identifiable information that I provide; and
- Standard web server/visitor traffic information such as ISP addresses, browser versions, referring websites, duration of visits and total visitor traffic. This information helps Cancer Council to understand how people use its website and assists Cancer Council to manage its site to better serve its audience.
Copyright to material associated with The March Charge and this website is vested in one or more Cancer Councils unless otherwise specified. You are granted permission to browse this material, including making temporary copies to facilitate such browsing, to create links to these pages and print hard copy for personal use.
Information from this site can be reprinted without permission providing appropriate acknowledgment is given and the integrity of the source document is maintained. Logos and marks of a Cancer Council and The March Charge may be used in connection with fundraising for The March Charge and other non-commercial uses for promoting The March Charge.
“Cancer Council”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Cancer Council Australia or the Cancer Council in the State or Territory in which you are participating in the fundraising activity, or in your State or Territory of residence (as applicable). Full details of Cancer Council Australia and its State and Territory members are available here: http://www.cancer.org.au/about-us/state-and-territory-councils/.
You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn Qantas Points. Membership Qantas Points are subject to the Qantas Frequent Flyer Terms and Conditions. A joining fee usually applies. However, this will be waived if you join when you download the App. The Qantas Assure App is offered by Qantas and you must be a member of the QFF and aged 13+ to use the App.
If you register for The March Charge you could earn up to 1,500 Qantas Points in March without having to purchase an Eligible Qantas Assure Product. To earn an additional 1,500 points, you must complete both your kilometre goal and receive at least 5 donations as set out in The March Charge registration. Whether you have successfully completed the goals is at the discretion of Cancer Council. To earn Qantas Points you must register before 4 March 2018 and include your Qantas Frequent Flyer number in The March Charge registration form. Outside of March 2018, Qantas Frequent Flyer members who do not purchase an Eligible Qantas Assure Product will earn Qantas Points at a reduced rate each month by completing activities through the App. Eligible Qantas Assure Products are Qantas Assure Health Insurance Policies, Life Protect Policies and Annual Multi-Trip Travel Insurance Policy.
If you register for The March Charge before 28 February 2018, you will be eligible to earn points at the full rate from 1 March 2018. If you have already downloaded the Qantas Assure App and register for The March Charge between 1 – 4 March 2018, please allow up to 3 business days to earn points at the full rate. Qantas Points earned during March 2018 will be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account on a fortnightly basis. Bonus points will be credited within 30 days of the end of April. Qantas reserves the right to extend or withdraw this offer at anytime.
Charge Challenge 8 Badge promotion Terms and Conditions
- Instructions on how to enter form part of these conditions. Entry into the promotion constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
- The promoter of this Competition is The Cancer Council NSW (ABN 51 116 463 846), 153 Dowling St, Woolloomooloo, NSW 2011, (02) 9334 1900 (the Promoter).
- The competition commences at 9am AEST on Thursday 1 February 2018 and closes at 11.59pm on Saturday 31 March 2018 (the Promotion Period).
- This is a gratuitous lottery which is open to persons who:
- Are a registered participant in The March Charge 2018 and,
- Earn 8 or more Gamification Badges through their personal online fundraising page within the Promotion Period.
- Entry is automatic. Only one entry is permitted per person.
- The competition is open to Australian residents only. If you are under 18, you need your parent’s or guardian’s permission to enter.
- The prizes are six prizes each being a Brooks Running online store gift voucher, valued at $200.00 each. The gift voucher will expire on the 30 June 2018 and the terms applicable to the redemption of the gift voucher will appear on the voucher.
- This is a game of chance. The six prize winners will be randomly drawn by the Promoter at 12pm AEST on Friday 6th April at the Promoter’s head office. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming the prize are not included. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. All prize values are the recommended retail price including GST (where applicable). The prize is not redeemable for cash. If a prize or element of a prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize or prize element of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu.
- The winners will be notified via email or phone from 12pm AEST on Friday 6th April and must provide a postal address for the prize to be mailed.
- The prize will be mailed within fourteen (14) days of the draw. In the event that the winner does not provide a postal address within 14 days of the draw, the prize will be forfeited by the winner. If a winner is under 18 years of age, the prize will be awarded to the winner’s parent or legal guardian.
- If a prize is not claimed, a second draw will be held at 12pm AEST on Monday 23 April 2018 at the Promoter’s head office to re-draw the prize. The winner of the redraw will be notified via email or phone and must provide a postal address for the prize to be mailed.
- The promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries, late, lost or misdirected mail and shall not be liable for any loss, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with participation in this competition or accepting or utilising a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- The promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age, and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions will be accepted at the promoter's discretion. Failure by the promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
Charge Challenge 9 Badge promotion
To be eligible to receive a The March Charge T shirt you must be registered for The March Charge and must earn 9 or more Gamification Badges through your personal online fundraising page during the period commencing on Thursday 1 February 2018 and finishing at 11.59pm on Saturday 31 March 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
Once they earn the 9 or more Gamification Badges qualifying participants will be sent an email by Cancer Council NSW notifying them of their eligibility to receive the T shirt and requesting additional details including T shirt size and postal address. Subject to availability, Cancer Council NSW will dispatch the T shirts within a reasonable time of receipt of those details using Australia Post, and is not responsible for any delays or failures in delivery. Only one T shirt is available per The March Charge participant. It is not redeemable for cash, and does not entitle the participant to a refund of any price previously paid for a T shirt. The T shirt offer will expire if not accepted by a participant responding to the Cancer Council email by 30 April 2018.
Cancer Council reserves the right, at any time, to verify a The March Charge participant’s eligibility to receive the T shirt. The decision of Cancer Council shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Brooks $48 in 48 Hours Challenge
To be eligible to receive a 20% discount code for use at the Brooks online store in respect of sale footwear you must be registered for The March Charge and must raise through your personal online fundraising page $48.00 or more in donations for Cancer Council in the 48 hour period commencing at 12.00 midday on Monday 19 March 2018 and finishing at 11.59am on Wednesday 21 March 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
Following the close of the Promotion Period qualifying participants will be sent an email with their unique barcode for a one time use only at the Brooks online store (https://www.brooksrunning.com.au/running-shoes-and-apparel-sale). The discount can only be used in respect of sale items of footwear available through the Brooks online store and cannot be used on full priced shoes, other merchandise, in store purchases, to purchase gift vouchers or in conjunction with any other offer. Only one discount code can be used per transaction. Not redeemable for cash. The discount code will expire if not used by 30 April 2018.
Cancer Council reserves the right, at any time, to verify a The March Charge participant’s eligibility to receive the discount code. The decision of Cancer Council shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.